Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bead Look Book and Some Eggs

Picture
I have been working on my design look-book for the last few weeks before I start painting new batches of beads with the new shape beads. This is my big book of designs I draw so when I am ready to paint new beads I can choose which style of filigree to paint or what theme I would like to work in.
I don't use the look book for my swirls, just for object and filigree designs. Using templates I have created for each bead shape I literally design hundreds of beads at this stage of my process. It takes about a month and I do it two or three times a year in order to always have new, fresh designs. I vaguely think about color at this stage but do not specify color except in margin notes if something really stands out in my mind. This is more about the structure of the design. Here is a small picture of what it looks like when I am designing beads for my look book. You can see the templates and all the bead drawings. I made it small so you couldn’t see the designs very well. I have to leave something a surprise!
Picture
Being that Easter is coming up and I paint things, and I am fond of Pysanky,  it follows that I cannot resist painting an egg, or two, or six. So, I just ordered my eggs. I am only making six this year. I use the same process with my eggs as I do with my beads and my boxes with the same special dip. I think I am going to do three filigree and three swirls.
Between the beads, the boxes I started a couple weeks ago and the incoming eggs -- I am heading into an intense painting period! But first, I am going to shop around for some different colors of paint. I am hoping to find some nice pastels. Yay Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?