Sunday, June 29, 2014

New Filigree and Swirl Painting Done!

PictureI just finished the filigree painting on the black, red and gold design that I showed in process before. I also just completed painting a new batch of my garnet swirl design. Both the filigree and the swirls are just awaiting resin work now which will give them that thick, under glass finish. The colors really come alive then.

You can see how I work the beads on the dowels and then hold them in batches in a piece of heavy foam. The resin phase will be done and the holes finished by mid week. The grommets should arrive about then too so I can get them dressed and post the beauties up for grabs!
I am so excited about the new shapes I am using and finishing the beads with the grommets on this batch of beads. I will be making two new sets, some earrings and a couple pendants using these designs as well.

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?