Sunday, June 29, 2014

New Shapes in the Studio! A week early

newbeads
After hearing and reading about all the trouble people have been having with shipping and delays, I expected my shipment from overseas to take longer than expected. I even started a new small batch of beads and boxes to keep myself in the flow while I waited. Today, much to my surprise I go to my door and there is a little package waiting for me.
A whole WEEK early. Last I tracked they weren't even in the US yet!  Look at all these cool shapes. This get's my super-duper large photo treatment so you can see all the shapes that will be coming out of my studio over the next few months. Woo hoo!


There are some large beads there! I've wanted to create some larger hand painted beads to for designers that would like larger focal components (larger than your average large lampwork focal) but are inhibited by the weight of very large glass beads. One of the really cool things about these beads is that they are very light weight so you can use big beads and widen design possibilities.
Good designers see possibilities to create designs that are outside of the scope of the general trends. I want to offer those designers something cool to create with, more colors for their palette so to speak. In fact, if you're one of those designers and would like to create something with any of these bead shapes - send me a note. We can customize color and design towards your vision and collaborate on something really cool.

inprog_feb20aIt is going to be a little longer before I get to painting those gorgeous little canvases though. Thinking I had a couple weeks I started a new batch of beads and boxes. The boxes I work on over time along side of the beads. It takes me a while to finish a box  once I get the design blocked in with the white paint. I snapped a pic of them a few days ago, this is the state of them today. I decided to do a set of circus spools and some spring vines along side some alchemy and filigree boxes. While I am working on those I will start laying out designs for the new beads.

Oh the ideas I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?