Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Bugaboo!

There are many, many incredible polymer artists out there. I am a painter. I paint beads, and oils and watercolor. I love paint. Polymer and I do not have a strong relationship and I consider myself no more than a basic dabbler. In honestly, I’ve only dabbled twice. The first time was to make painted polymer beads which did not satisfy me very much. The second attempt used a more hands on approach and created these interesting little guys.

Bugaboos. They are so cute that no one could possibly be afraid of them, but they think they are quite scary just like many of our own scary thoughts and fears. That is what a Bugaboo means to me. I look at my bugaboo and I am reminded that the things I think are scary and the mean things I tell myself, are usually not that scary or true.

Definition of BUGABOO
1:  an imaginary object of fear, bugbear 
2:  something that causes fear or distress out of proportion to its importance

These are made with gray polymer clay playfully and spontaneously hand formed and then painted with concentrated acrylic paint in thin, very permanent coats. I use very light coatings dabbed on with my finger to produce the shadow effects. They are lightly sprayed just to further protect the natural, matte finish.

I am not selling this right now, and these were made for friends for Christmas. I am thinking about making some for the shop. If you want a bugaboo of your own right now, just send me an email and I will make you one!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?