Thursday, January 15, 2015

Look at what's coming up!

Since we started the new year, I've been having some fun in the studio coming up with new designs and styles to bring to you in 2015. Looking back, 2014 found my beads obsessed with Pysanky, Peacocks and Tudor Roses.


What will I find to play with in 2015 I wonder. Here is a sneak peak at some of my first beads painted this year. These have just been painted and are not dipped yet. I have quite a few more to paint before I do a batch dip which is how I work. 

So far I have little city skylines during the day and at night. I really love the single red balloon loose in the sky right now. I think that it will find it's way into more beads this year. I have never made word beads before but it has been something I have always wanted to do so I began the year with three words that have strong personal meaning for me, Hope, Brave and Courage. And look what I found when I turned my little egg beads upside down. Día de Muertos sugar skulls! These will definitely have a place on my new 2015 bead menu. Also found in this early batch of beads is my first custom order for the year - yes, my old friend the Tudor Roses (tudor-roses.com). I made enough for my store this time too! In the first part of this year I will be releasing my first painted bead tutorial and it will be for creating your own Tudor rose beads. 

 Finally, I got something exciting in the mail today. Not only are their new designs for 2015... we got new SHAPES!! Check out all these cool bead and component shapes, and there are more coming.


Many of these were picked for my marble/swirl designs but I have big plans for some of the shapes, big, detailed, tiny brush kinda plans! 

2014 was a very good year, but 2015 is going to really shine brightly! I wish each of you a very creative and happy start to the new year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?